Position: Regional Account Manager
Location: Prefer to be located in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana or Kentucky
Job Summary: The Regional Account Manager is to maximize sales of Apex International products in assigned territory.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Value Added Selling; Evaluates situations, draws conclusions, and makes sound decisions. Utilizes resources to answer all customer questions and work with Customer Service to handle all concerns, complaints and problems. Commits to a results driven sales approach to not only include product sales, but engaging customers in Walking Seminars, roll audits, banded rolls, etc.
- Prospecting (leads self generated-system functioning). Successfully recruits new customers and increases sales volume.
- Planning (itineraries-Territory coverage-Goal Attainment Pace) Plans and organizes schedule well, follows procedures, and makes efficient use of time between road and office. Completes sales visits and follow-up calls within a reasonable or better time frame; files sales reports on a timely basis. Develops overall sales budget and strategy for territory in conjunction with VP Sales..
- Product Knowledge: (Services-Features-Benefits-Usage) Understands and effectively utilizes job-related information, procedures and skills. Networks effectively with co- suppliers within territory.
- Selling Skills (Counselor Selling Skills) Is willing to accept responsibility for job- related decisions and actions. Is able to adjust to market changes, customer demands, additional accounts, etc.
- Performance (Total Sales-Product Mix-Market penetration) Meets or exceeds quotas set for territory on a quarterly basis; achieves sales quotas efficiently and in accordance with company standards.
- Development (Job improvement-personal growth) Works to develop new skills and takes advantage of opportunities for training and development to improve sales/customer service skills.
- Attitude (Takes Direction-Commitment of Performance) Demonstrates ability to work without direction and offer new ideas for making sales quotas. Interacts well with others; demonstrates courtesy, patience, diplomacy, discretion, and self-control; communicates clearly and effectively with both customers and Apex team members.
- Teamwork: Works with and proactively plans and communicates with Apex’s team members..
- CRM/ Salesforce---Ability to work and input into Salesforce platform.
- Four-year degree from college or university; or minimum 5 years’ experience in the flexo/printing industry and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with anilox, printing, plates, inks and sales experience is ideal.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, top management, public groups.
- Good product knowledge.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must live within the boundaries of the assigned territory.
- As a result of living in the territory, the individual receives little direct supervision. Most supervision is done by phone or mail. Periodic visits with VP Sales will occur as well as annual performance reviews.
- Ability to travel 50-70%; including some nights and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license is required.