Papergraphics Installs KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Press in New Hampshire to Expand Range of Print Applications for Customers
Papergraphics, a commercial printer proudly serving New Hampshire since 1982, recently installed a KODAK NEXPRESSS ZX3300 Digital Press. The versatile, 5-color press features industry-leading productivity, unique print capabilities and the broadest range of substrates with offset press-like paper handling on sheet sizes up to 39.37” in length.
For Papergraphics, a hybrid print shop, the introduction of the NEXPRESSS ZX3300 Press fits into the company’s plans to expand the range of applications for its customers, especially as its sees demand for shorter run and lower cost jobs increase. In addition, the NEXPRESS Press, which replaces its existing digital color press, will open up new markets for the firm with its ability to handle larger sheet sizes, including panoramic posters, oversized brochures and longer digital runs. And with the NEXPRESS Press’ unique specialty inks for the Fifth Imaging Station, Papergraphics will be able to add new creative capabilities for its clients, with features including:
· KODAK NEXPRESS Dimensional Clear Dry Ink – adds a tactile feel with raised/textured printing for a 3D effect.
· KODAK NEXPRESS Gold Dry Ink – luxurious and stunning metallic gold and a series of metallic effects to heighten impact and creativity.
· KODAK NEXPRESS Clear Dry Ink – watermarking, spot or flood-coating techniques, enhancing graphics and imagery.
· KODAK NEXPRESS Red, Green and Blue Dry Inks, which expand the color gamut and improve Pantone color matching.
· KODAK NEXPRESS Opaque White Dry Ink - delivers superior opacity in a single pass, offering increased productivity and higher quality short-run production for applications such as packaging, signage, labels, and invitations.
Karen Hall, President of Papergraphics, commented: “We chose the NEXPRESS Press because of the versatility the machine will offer our business. Nearly 75% percent of the jobs we do for our customers today are done digitally, so when we looked to upgrade our operation, the NEXPRESS Press stood out. It was the only technology on the market that delivered both the range of digital color options and the flexibility to reliably print on a wide range of substrates and larger sheet sizes.”
For Papergraphics, the installation of the NEXPRESS ZX3300 Press means the company can also make smart decisions about how to best deploy their digital and offset presses. Larger size jobs previously handled by their offset press, at a higher cost, can now be switched to the NEXPRESS Press, which can handle sheet sizes up to 39.37” in length. And proven compatibility with more than 800 substrates and the KODAK NEXPRESS Substrate Expansion Kit, which supports select heavy paperboard stocks of up to 18pts and select heavyweight synthetic stocks, opens up a vast range of applications to help Papergraphics grow their business.
Kodak and Nexpress are trademarks of Kodak.