Impressive line-up of expert speakers confirmed for the Xeikon Café Conference program
RAFI ALBO, GLOBAL GURU OF CONNECTED 1TO1 MARKETING, WILL DELIVER THE KEYNOTE PRESENTATION
Lier, Belgium, February 8, 2017 – An integral part of the Xeikon Café Packaging Innovations 2017 (www.xeikoncafe.com), set for 28 to 31 March, is the Conference program, elevated to the next level in business and technical education. A number of highly experienced speakers, including keynote speaker Rafi Albo, will share valuable information about trends and technological advancements in the digital printing market. Talking from their personal experience, they will give a glimpse of what the future may hold and inspire visitors with different business insights, and new ideas.
Accommodating the wide scope and interests of the Xeikon Café attendees, the Conference program is divided into a technical and business track. The technical sessions will focus on industry-related technical aspects, while the business sessions will inform attendees about key innovations in digital production of labels and packaging, and focus on business education. The Conference will run daily during the Xeikon Café from 10:00 till 16:30 (except Friday, till noon), closing each day with a ‘talk show’ where the speakers will be discussing the topics of the day.
Keynote presentation “When creativity, data & technology meet .. print” by Rafi Albo
Rafi Albo, often also called the global guru of connected 1to1 marketing, has been integrating printed products with online technologies for many years. Combining technologies such as augmented (AR), virtual (VR) and mixed reality (MR), with fresh ideas, new approaches and creativity, he creates the most innovative applications that bring a WOW effect. At the Xeikon Café Conference, Rafi will show on stage some of the most creative work he made for brands from all over the world. Being a strong believer that print is and will always be sexy, he will share his ideas on how AR, VR and MR can boost demand for new print forms and thus the potential success of print businesses and brands.
“I have been working with brand companies and printers all over the world for many years now, talking with them and learning about their needs and the challenges for their business. For brands, emotional connections and the sharing of experiences is becoming ever more important. And this creates ample opportunities for printers, when integrating new online technologies and fresh ideas. I strongly believe that combining print with online technologies is what offers real added value. I see endless application options in all areas and I have no doubt that such applications will increase, in particular on labels and packaging due to the high significance of the point of sale and the strong competition among producers,” says Rafi Albo.
Business Conference with high-level speakers
The Business Conference speakers, representing both brands as well as printers next to industry expert, were selected upon their extensive market and business knowledge, and will be covering a diverse range of topics.
Amongst others, the line-up of speakers includes:
- Jack Willemsz, Owner CUPSZ (Netherlands, www.cupsz.nl). Jack will share his business story about building up a new company that is solely focused on the digital production of high-quality, short-run cups, and the unique benefits this application brings to brands.
- Jan Duffhues, Print Development Manager, Commercial Europe, MARS Europe. Jan will bring the perspective from a brand’s point of view, and talk about what digital production can do for them, transforming creative ideas into industrial printed packaging.
- Kevin Karstedt, CEO of Karstedt Associates. Based on his expertise built by providing years of analysis, insights and consulting services to constituents across the entire packaging supply chain, Kevin will address the digital print for packaging topic, more particularly for the folding carton industry.
- Leonie van Tienen, Packaging Design expert & researcher. Leonie will share the results of her academic research regarding the different elements of label and packaging designs in an online retail setting, and how changing them might have an effect on consumer’s buying intensions.
- Michaël Nieuwesteeg, Managing Director of NVC (the Netherlands Packaging Centre). From his work at the NVC, an association which projects, services and educational program are focused on the continuous improvement of packaging, Michael will share his profound knowledge of this market, the trends and future outlook.
- Phil Edwards, President at PrintSure (US, www.printsure.com). Phil will be talking about his extensive experience in offering digital printing services for high-end short-run product packaging, including prototypes, mock-ups, comps, samples and other applications.
- Rachida Semail, Partner at law firm Keller and Heckman LLP. Rachida will be sharing her extensive experience with food packaging matters and issues, and provide an update and overview of the current and future food safety regulation, from a legal aspect.
- Shawn Desmarchais, President of Produlith (Canada, www.produlith.com). Shawn will be sharing his personal experience of managing printing company Produlith, which specializes in strategic packaging solutions with services including marketing strategy, design, development and manufacturing of paperboard packaging, for a variety of markets like for example cosmetic, specialty food and pharma.
- Sean Smyth, Industry Consultant and Analyst. With over 30 years of experience in the global print and packaging market, Sean’s presentation will focus on shifting to digital production, and when one should consider to change, by means of a practical, technology based tick-off list of decisive factors.
Technical Conference brings application focus
Running parallel with the business Conference, the technical Conference will focus more on the technology of the nearly 30 end-to-end digital applications on show at the Xeikon Café, including self-adhesive, in-mould, wet-glue and wraparound labels, folding carton, flexible packaging, heat transfer, leaflets and paper cups. Close to 40 industry suppliers are combining their capabilities to show total solutions in each of the applications, from software, workflow, print media and consumables to printing, converting, and finishing. The technical Conference will delve deeper into the technologies behind each of the applications.
“The diversity of high-level speakers lined-up for the Xeikon Café Conference will provide a range of perspectives and expertise surrounding the world of digital production that will surely inspire and educate the audience,” comments Filip Weymans, VP of marketing for Xeikon. “Each speaker is highly knowledgeable in their field, and will share personal experiences and valuable information on the latest innovations, trends, and technical novelties that will help to demystify the hype around digital production.”
The official program of the business and technical Conference will be available soon on the Xeikon café website: www.xeikoncafe.com.
ABOUT THE XEIKON CAFÉ PACKAGING INNOVATIONS
The Xeikon Café Packaging Innovations is a platform offered by Xeikon and its Aura partners, offering the opportunity to understand, evaluate and experience digital production, and enabling printers and converters to consciously make a business decision. Through demonstrations, presentations, workshops and discussions, participants receive first-hand actionable information and advice on industry innovations and trends.
- Date: From Tuesday March 28th until Friday March 31st
- Opening hours: daily from 09:00h till 17:30h, except on Friday till 16:00h
- Location: Xeikon HQ, Belgium (Duwijckstraat 17, 2500 Lier)
- Website & registration: www.xeikoncafe.com
- Cost: the event is free for all attendees
PARTICIPATING XEIKON CAFÉ PARTNERS
Taking part of the Xeikon Café Packaging Innovations 2017 to showcase integrated solutions are: AB Graphic International Ltd, Actega Terra GmbH, Advanced Track and Trace, AGFA Graphics, Argos Solutions, Avery Dennison, AVT, Bograma, Brotech Graphics Co., Ltd, Cartes, CERM, CHILI Publish, Diamond Photofoil Limited, Esko, Flint Group Flexographic Products, Flint Group Narrow Web, Flint Group Sheetfed, Grafisk Maskinfabrik, Grafotronic AB, Highcon Systems Ltd., Hybrid Software NV, Iggesund Paperboard, Label Traxx, Lake Image Systems Ltd, Meech International, Metsä Board, Michelman, OneVision Software AG, Rietstack, Scodix, Sei S.p.A., Smag Graphique, Stora Enso, ThermoFlexX, Treofan Germany GmbH & Co. KG, Tresu Group, Tronics, UPM Raflatac, Xeikon, Yupo Europe GmbH, and Zünd Systemtechnik AG.