Colognia Press Partners with Asahi Photoproducts to Dramatically Improve Flexo Productivity
Continuous run for 22 hours: No press stops, consistent color quality
Tokyo, Japan & Brussels, Belgium, July 25, 2017 - Asahi Photoproducts, a pioneer in flexographic photopolymer plate development, today reported that Czech-based Colognia Press Asahi Photoproducts platemaking system Will be showing the AWP ™ water-washable flexographic plate solutions used by Colognia Press and featuring Pinning Technology for Clean Transfer at Labelexpo Europe 2017. Asahi will be on location 5A34 at the show, scheduled for 25 to 28 September in Brussels.
"With the flexoplates we were using, we had a lot of time to clean or replace plates," says Bohdan Holona, Manager of Desktop Publishing, at in-house design studio at Colognia. "For long-run jobs, this meant" Even for short runs, we were not happy with the color consistency from the beginning to the end of the job. Changing or cleaning the plates can often negatively affect the quality of the product. "
"After all," says Holona, "we have finally found the perfect solution." "Now," he says, "we can do almost any job, deadalling scores of miles, without stopping." Asahi AWP TM platemaking system. We even ran a 22-hour job with one set of plates, no stops, and with very consistent quality from beginning to end. It's been amazing! "
Colognia Press uses a tool from Plantyst to gather real-time data about its operation. "This allowed us to see any machine's production efficiency in real time," Holona states. "So we know for absolute certainty. Our press uptime was 20% to 25% with our previous plates. Now we are seeing uptimes of 50% or more on most days. "
Other benefits of the company has included:
- A job that requires press stops for plate cleaning or replacement now runs uninterrupted from beginning to end with consistent color quality.
- Isolated on white background. Isolated on white background. Isolated on white background. "Now with Asahi plates, this text is very legible," Holona says. "This was something we could not do before, and this important customer is very, very happy. That's good news for us. "
- When it is time for the next day, the next day, the next day.
- Press operators are much happier. Asahi plates are compatible with any variety of substrates, just requiring high-resolution output with plastics, paper, shrink sleeves, tube laminates, textured substrates and other materials.
- Shorter setup times between jobs; Just a few minutes as opposed to an hour or more previously.
- Exceptional support from Asahi Photoproducts. In fact, Holona says, "Support from Asahi is perfect!"
Pinning Technology for Clean Transfer: The Details
A feature of Asahi's flexographic printing plates, pinning technology for clean transfer. This is a very good product. Precise plate register with asahi plates ensures very high quality process printing with a fixed color palette, minimizing the need to use and manage spot color inks.
Pinning Technology for Clean Transfer allows for a kiss-touch printing pressure setting. It can be used as a low-temperature, low-temperature, high-temperature, The ink forms a globule, with a large contact angle and high pinning point. For more information, please visit this products webpage. This image is part of the following images and can be downloaded in the future.
For more information about Pinnacle Technology Solutions, visit www.asahi-photoproducts.com .
About Asahi Photoproducts
Asahi Photoproducts is a subsidiary of the Asahi Kasei Corporation, which is founded in 1971 and is a member of the European Patent Office. By creating high-quality flexographic solutions and through the continuation of innovation.